These delicious Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies are packed with healthy whole grains and have the perfect touch of sweetness. Your family will devour them and love eating cookies for breakfast!
A cookie for breakfast? I know, it might sound crazy but it’s more like crazy nutritious and crazy good.
These breakfast cookies have a hint of sweetness without being over the top. They are packed with whole grains, flax seed and some peanut butter for protein. These Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies are delicious and a staple in our house for breakfast and snack time.
This recipe is very versatile, so if your family doesn’t like raisins, you can easily eliminate them or swap them out for something else like mini-chocolate chips, or even add in some almonds or walnuts. We prefer the golden raisins but these breakfast cookies are just as delicious with regular raisins.
These Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies also work great as a bar. Simply line a 9×13-inch pan with parchment paper, press the batter into the pan, and bake! Let the bars cool and slice into bars. Eze-peasy!
This recipe is quick and easy to make, making it the perfect recipe for kids to help out in the kitchen. So be sure to make a double batch and keep some in the freezer.
Your family will think they are getting away with something when they eat these Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies for breakfast…they are healthy and delicious!
Keeping things short and sweet today…hope you enjoy the recipe!
- 1¼ cups white wheat flour
- 1½ cups old fashioned oats
- ¼ flax seed
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine, flour, oats, baking powder, sea salt and cinnamon.
- In another large bowl, combine apple sauce, milk, peanut butter, honey and vanilla, whisk until mixed thoroughly
- Add wet mixture to flour mixture until combined. Gently fold in raisins.
- Drop large spoonful of batter onto lined cookie sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes or until edges are golden brown and center is slightly cracked.
- Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Store in an air tight container up to 5 days or freeze (wrapped) for up to 3 months.
Other Favorite Recipes…