There are just some things that immediately take me back to being a kid and my Mom’s Pumpkin Bread Recipe is at the top of the list. I make this recipe all the time for my family.
So much so, that the recipe card was getting extremely tattered and I had to photocopy the original!
My mom’s pumpkin bread recipe is SO easy to make – mix up the ingredients in a bowl, toss it in the oven for about an hour, and in no time, these two yummy loaves will fill your kitchen with the sweet smell of spicy pumpkin goodness. I promise you’ll love it!
- 3½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ cups water (two thirds of a cup)*
- 2 cups pumpkin
- In a large bowl, sift dry ingredients together. In a separate bowl, mix pumpkin, water, oil and eggs together. Pour pumpkin mixture into dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into 2 greased 9x5x3 loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle of loaf comes out clean.
- Cool before removing from pan.