These healthy, easy to make trail mix granola bars are perfect for a grab-and-go breakfast, popping in your kids school lunches, or just for snack time.
I love having snacks on hand that are healthy and easy for our family to grab-and-go and these trail mix granola bars have become a staple in our house.
These granola bars are so delicious and just bursting with wholesome ingredients like nuts, seeds, oatmeal, wholegrain cereal and a touch of semi-sweet chocolate.
The ingredients in these trail mix granola bars creates the perfect combination of sweet and salty. But don’t feel tied down to only the ingredients listed in the recipe. You can easily mix up a different nut combination or replace the raisins with cranberries and the semi-sweet chocolate chips with white chocolate chips. The possibilities are endless including easy modifications to keep these vegan or gluten free.
These bars are turn out to be about 1/2-inch thick. If you like extra thick bars, simply double the recipe and still use the 8×8-inch dish. These bars tend to disappear quickly so a double batch isn’t a bad idea!
**ezeBreezy Quick Tip – if you are pressed for time, simply use some pre-mixed raw trail mix.**
It just takes a few minutes of prep time to get a batch of these delicious bars mixed up and in the oven. You’ll need to be sure to melt the butter (or coconut oil) and honey (or agave) ahead of time and allow it to cool before mixing it into your dry ingredients.
Once the butter-honey mixture is cool, add it SLOWLY to the dry mixture making sure to stop periodically to incorporate things evenly. The last step is to press the mixture into a parchment paper lined 8×8-inch dish and then pop it in the oven. Allow bars to cool in the refrigerator before cutting.
If you’re looking for other healthy snack idea, be sure to check out my Fresh Fruit Salsa and Homemade Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips. This salsa is really so much more than a dip for chips. Try it on top of ice cream or vanilla yogurt or just eat it straight off a spoon. It’s that good.
Ok, now time to make some trail mix granola bars! They’re the perfect snack to have on hand for the whole family.
Healthy & Easy Trail Mix Granola Bars
- 3 Tbsp honey or agave syrup
- 4 Tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup soft brown sugar, packed
- 7 Tbsp rolled oats
- 1 cup Multi-grain Cheerios
- 3 Tbsp peanuts
- 3 Tbsp raisins
- 3 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 4 Tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8x8-inch dish with parchment paper and lightly grease. Set to the side.
- Put butter and honey in a microwave safe bowl and cover. Cook until melted (about 45-60 seconds). Set aside to cool.
- Place remaining dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir to mix.
- Slowly add the cooled butter mixture, constantly stirring to coat your dry mixture.
- Transfer mixture to prepared 8x8-inch dish and press down firmly.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the center is slightly firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes then transfer to refrigerator to cool completely.
- Once completely cool, use sharp knife to cut into eight bars. Store in an airtight container.
You Might Also Like…